Saturday, December 21, 2013

Peel Me A Grape

20 December 2013


Song by Diana Krall (here)

"Send out for scotch..."


After a year of dancing burlesque it became apparent to me that I had not done a classic torch song. About the same time Kait had im'ed me a fantastic video of a rl burly girl doing a song that Sho had used, but more importantly, she was a red head dancing in a red room. (Link here) So after a little bit of digging through my music library, I picked Diana Krall's version of Peel Me A Grape.  It was a song I had seriously considered sveral times but thought it had been done.  Anita O'Brien did the original song, but it was just a little up-tempo for my liking.

It became a wine colored hair girl in a purple room.
Truth be told, this song had been on my mind since long before I started performing and was still working up the skills to do this art.

I ran with it and frankly, I feel it is one of my best acts.  I really pushed myself with the set, and the choreo just happened so naturally, it was magic.  More like a little voodoo, inspired by a certain gentleman I recently had the pleasure of getting to know. When I learn how to make machinima, I am going to film it, but until then here are the stills.

No comments:

Post a Comment