Friday, July 18, 2014

That's The Way

Song by Led Zeppelin (here or vid down below)

"I don't know how I am gonna tell you,
I can't play with you no more,
I don't know how I'm gonna do what mama told me,
My friend, the boy next door."



On a mini-vacation...those being all I get of late. Trying to catch up with some blogging late on a Friday night, only my tablet...wishing I was at GB right now. But the trip is more than worth it, good friends good food, laughs all around.  It is a long way away from this act that is for sure.


 
This was one of those songs that reached out of a funk and said "Do Me!"  So I did. The song knew what I needed. Catharsis through beauty. I had never done ballet in any of my acts before. I had to go out and buy the dances, but it is what the song needed. 



In struggled for quite a while over the set, creating the background textures was easy but what to do with them was less so. I had them scroll up and down on movers, giving a more arty effect than my usual.  I did not want to distract too much from the dance, cause the dance and the song was what it was all about.



This act was for someone who I was missing desperately but knew I had to let go of...



...and it really helped get me where I needed to be mentally.






No comments:

Post a Comment