Saturday, March 15, 2014

Long Snake Moan

Song by PJ Harvey (here) or vid down below

"You wanna hear my long snake...moan!
You oughta see me crawl my...roar!
It's my voodoo working..."


Three acts into this run and I have done three holidays. This time it is St. Patrick's Day.  I will save the rant about the persecution of the Pagans that this holiday represents, since I had it here last year at this time when I did "Union of the Snake".  


Immediately after I was committed to doing the Duran Duran tune last year, I stumbled back across this PJ Harvey song, and knew I must do it next year.


Changed the set around, got all new costumes, and instead of riding off into the rainbow on a huge snake, I became one instead.  It was a little challenging to find the right movements for the Land Naga that I became.  So many of my dances had the snake tail doing all sorts of improbable motions.


This one was really fun, and damn sexy, at least it was goood for me, hope it was for the audience too. *wink wink*


My next act will not be attached to any holiday, I promise.  I do not even get all caught up in them in real life, so this was kind of weird for me, but I feel the acts can stand on their own so I know I have not gone completely overboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment