Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lily

5/11/13

Song by Kate Bush (here)

"Lily, Oh Lily I don't feel safe,   
I feel that life has blown a great big hole,   
Through me"   
And she said,  
"Child, you must protect yourself   
You can protect yourself  
I'll show you how with fire"  

Kate Bush is one of my heroes.  I love her voice (though I am not usually a fan of sopranos), I love her poetry, her stories, and I love her craziness.  And I have gone through all her albums looking for the song multiple times. I know that I am prone to binge on her at some point, but trying to not do too many of her songs at the Friday night shows.



I was feeling a bit raw and unprotected when I was reminded of this song. It was also perfect since I just got to know one of the new Idle Boys, who has an Angel persona and I knew it was time to do this act.  This is also my first act that I choreographed anyone besides my self.

It is about calling up the archangels to protect oneself. Yes with fire, fire is always good. Considering my name is Blaze, I really had not used much fire in my acts to date.


Thanks to Rahpture Seraphim, Shippy Creations, Maxamum Panache, & Jag for being my sexy Archangels. Certainly they could protect any soul. (Though in the picture above it is a bunch of my alts standing in for them during the long hours of rehearsing.)

Pic by Aelva Alvemin
I only got a picture with Max and Jag, on the night of, thanks to Aelva.  Trust me, Damn they were sexy! And HOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment